Where to Shop in Cape Charles
A leisurely stroll down Mason Avenue — Cape Charles’ main street — is a must-do on any visitor's itinerary. Though just a few blocks long, this little street is jam-packed with a diverse array of shopping options. Keep reading for our top 13 places to shop in Cape Charles — but don’t stop there! There’s plenty more to discover both in town and a little bit beyond.
- Peach Street Books — Prepare to have your pants charmed off by this adorable bookshop located in a former filling station. They have new and used books as well as a little cafe with outdoor seating. 401 Mason Ave.
- Table + Tonic — Stock up on cocktail making supplies after hitting up Cape Charles Distillery across the street. They also carry stationery, housewares, coffee table books, and eclectic gifts. 233 Mason Ave.
- Cape Charles Candy Company — Warning: If you accept a free sample of this candy shop’s housemade fudge, you will end up buying a full box to take home and devour. They also have a whole lot of candy and specialty sodas. 300 Mason Ave.
- Chuckletown Productions — This is our favorite spot for souvenir-style goods like Cape Charles-branded T-shirts, hats, magnets, and stickers. They also have some toys and kids’ clothes, tide clocks, and books about the Shore. 237 Mason Ave.
- The Boardwalk — You’ll find beachy housewares with a cheeky edge here, plus souvenirs, gifts, and a fun little toy section for the kids. 316 Mason Ave.
- Gull Hummock Gourmet Market — Shop for wine, craft beer, and gourmet goods here. 115 Mason Ave.
- Moonrise Jewelry — Shop for wearable art handcrafted right here on the Eastern Shore at this unique jewelry shop that specializes in using exotic materials like fish leather. 7 Strawberry St.
- Bailey’s Bait and Tackle — Pick up your bait and any other fishing gear you’ll need before heading down to the pier. Also a good bet for sandals, hats, floats, and other beach gear. 327 Mason Ave.
- Voiajer — This global and eco-friendly gift shop supports fair trade and not-for-profit groups around the world. 234 Mason Ave.
- Seagrass Floral & Apothecary — Shop for self-care items, incense, flower arrangements, essential oils, and more at this feel-good shop. They host workshops, too. 235 Mason Ave.
- Like a Sailor — You’ll find tons of games and PG-13 gifts here; leave the kids outside if you’re sensitive to salty language. 209 Mason Ave.
- Bayside Kids — Stock up on new and gently used kids’ clothes, accessories, shoes, and toys. 226 Mason Ave.
- Lemon Tree Gallery — Browse an extensive selection of artwork at a variety of price points from both local and international artists. 301 Mason Ave.
Bonus: Shopping Outside of Cape Charles
Ready to venture outside of Cape Charles for shopping? You’ll be rewarded with even more options just outside of town.
- Pearl Market is a seasonal Saturday market featuring local artisans, farmers, watermen, and more. 4198 Latimer Siding Rd.
- Quail Cove Farms is a nice alternative to the local Food Lion with organic, gluten-free, and specialty items along with locally grown produce. 12435 Machipongo Ln., Machipongo
- Shockley Farms is a fun little excursion if you’re looking for farm-fresh summer produce grown right on the Shore. 23184 Seaside Rd.